Friday, January 9, 2009

Waxing Philosophical

Jadon doesn't know he has a family yet. I have found myself pondering this extraordinary thought quite often. He won't know he has a family until the CCAA (China Center for Adoption Affairs) has finalized approval on our request. That could take a month. We have all been growing in love with him more and more, praying for him, waiting for approvals, wanting to leave right now. And he has no clue we're even here. He is probably still longing for a mommy and daddy and doesn't realize he already has one!

God is continuing to teach me about my own spiritual adoption through this journey. I am seeing through my current philosophical contemplating that I was...indeed all who are chosen by our heavenly Father...
were once just like Jadon, having a Father and a family and not even knowing it.

What is he thinking right now? Is he aware that people are praying for him yet...not knowing why he feels this way? Is he hopeful? Is he discouraged? Is he longing for home?

I watch so many people stumble through life, searching, even longing for something bigger than themselves. And so many never are satisfied. How wonderful when God's wooing brings the woeful sinner home!!!

Adoption is opening my eyes to the wonder of redemption as if for the first time. Thank you, Lord Jesus, that You chose to love me even when I was so dead and unlovable!!!

I can't wait to see what God will show me when I have Jadon home in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment